Become an alpacotherapist! Alpacotherapy is a method supporting the already started process of specialist therapy, which, through the contact of the child with alpacas, strengthens the effects and increases the patient’s motivation to undergo therapy. The choice of alpacas as motivators is not accidental. They are extremely intelligent, patient and easy to train animals, whose main advantage is the amazing softness of the hypoallergenic fleece. Thanks to these unusual features, properly trained alpacas, under the supervision of a competent alpaca therapist, will have a strong influence on the mental, physical, social, intellectual and emotional spheres of a person during therapy.
Registration for the course
6-7 March 2021 –Pamela Turcewicz DVM (Omnivet)
Welfare of alpacas
- Basic procedures in the herd (capturing and taming animals, assessment of body condition according to
- BCS, assessment of mucous membranes, correction of claws, assessment of teeth)
- Sick alpaca and emergencies (approach, diagnosis, cooperation with a veterinary continuation of the prescribed treatment)
- Parasitology (why so important and how to do it correctly)
- Dermatology (scabies – simple but time-consuming treatment)
- The most common diseases (ulcers, acidosis, rickets, oesophagal obstruction, etc.)
- Reproduction (physiology, selection of breeding animals, castration)
- Mating pattern and problems in reproduction
- Physiological delivery and delivery aid
- Neonatology – caring for a newborn (recognizing problems; colostrum and plasma, i.e. PTF)
- Bio-insurance and prophylaxis (vaccinations, disease prevention, protection of alpacas against infectious diseases.
13-14 March 2021 – Ewelina Ciarka
Autism in a nutshell
- What is autism?
- Diagnostic criteria for autism
- Autism-related deficits and difficulties in:
– social interactions
– patterns of behavior
- Deficits in the aspect of the theory of mind – how do they translate into the functioning of a person with autism?
- How does a person with autism view the world? How can he react to situations / events?
- How can a person with autism respond to stimuli? Manifestations of disturbances in the reception and processing of stimuli within all senses: touch, hearing, sight, taste, smell, sense of balance,
Sensory workshop – training participants will have the opportunity to experience how their students can perceive stimuli and what problems they have to deal with on a daily basis.
Difficult behaviour of a child with ASD
- Theoretical basics
– what are difficult behaviours
– criteria for assessing difficult behaviour
– factors that make behaviour difficult at the same time difficult for therapists and caregivers
– classification of difficult behaviors
- How should you look at and analyze undesirable behaviours?
- Strategies for reacting to undesirable behaviour
– what are the different strategies
– how to apply the selected strategy
– the role of a sensory diet in the functioning of people with ASD
Analysis of specific difficult behaviors
Developing strategies for undesirable behavior
20-21 March 2021 – Maria Tudek
Alpacotherapy in the theory of individual dysfunctions
a) cerebral palsy
c) disorders of sensory integration
d) Down’s syndrome
e) attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
i) intellectual disability
Alpaca therapist’s work methods in spheres
27-28 March 2021 – Maria Tudek & Krzysztof Buczek
Zootherapy and alpacotherapy
- History of zootherapy.
- Animals in culture, art and traditions through the ages.
- Zootherapy and its impact on humans.
- Review of scientific research on the effects of zootherapy on humans.
- Welfare of people and animals during zootherapy.
- One Welfare concept (Shared Wellbeing)
- Alpacotherapy as a supportive method
a) the role and tasks of alpacotherapy,
b) for whom alpacotherapy,
c) goals of alpacotherapy, types of interactions, and the possibility of their use.
Forms of classes in alpacotherapy
- a) Animal Assisted Activities
b) Animal Assisted Education
- c) Animal Assisted Theraphy
10-11 April 2021 – Agata Kokocińska- Kusiak PhD i Krzysztof Buczek
Animal behaviour analysis
Learning and behaviour modification theory
Alpaca breeding theory
a) Systematics of alpacas
b) Origin and population of alpacas in Poland and in the world
c) History of alpacas breeding
d) Characteristics of alpacas
a) social behaviour of alpacas – psychological well-being, assessment of alpacas’ needs
b) comfortable behaviour of alpacas – the concept of animal emotional systems
c) domestication, zoosemiotics, learning to communicate in the world of alpacas
d) discussion of the theory of domination – behaviour difficult in alpacas
How to choose an animal for therapy?
Alpaca training for alpacotherapy
a) types of training – where to start
– Leash guidance
– Obstacle courses
– Tellington Touch (TTouch)
– Medical training
b) the concept of learning, memory, intelligence
c) types of motivation and ways of building them
(d) penalty and reinforcement systems
Individual meeting Krzysztof Buczek
Alpaca training – practical session
Each student will have individual training workshops, during which all training methods needed to prepare animals for all forms of interaction with humans will be discussed and trained.
8 – 9 May 2021 – Katarzyna Strehl, Maria Tudek i Krzysztof Buczek
The beginnings of alpacotherapy in Poland.
Business of an alpaca therapist
a) economic activity
c) directions of development
Ethics of the alpaca therapist profession
Review of material – the most important issues
Dates of meetings:
March 13-14, 2021
March 20-21, 2021
March 27-28, 2021
Warsaw Zoological Garden, Ratuszowa 1/3, 03-461 WarsawZobacz kalendarz
W cenie kursu:
– dostęp do strefy e-learning z nagranymi webinarami i materiałami dodatkowymi
– kurs Analiza zachowania zwierząt (online)
– kurs Teoria uczenia i modyfikacji zachowań (online)
– przerwy kawowe
Zajęcia odbędą się w formie stacjonarnej lub w formie webinarów (w zależności od sytuacji epidemiologicznej).
Zajęcia praktyczne w razie zagrożenia epidemiologicznego, będą odbywać się w formie indywidualnej (praca 1 na 1) i będą uzgadniane bezpośrednio z każdym uczestnikiem kursu.