Dog Training Instructor
The Ethoplanet instructor course is characterized by an individual approach! Training time is adapted to the dogs, and the system is adapted to the group. This is a training course qualifying a dog training instructor. The date of the training and its location will allow you to combine self-education with the possibility of relaxing by the sea.
After completing the training, the graduate is able to:
- train the dogs with all positive methods towards the basics of obedience
- gain knowledge about aversive methods, why not go this way
- work with the client
- work with different dogs
In addition, the course includes:
- HCCR communication workshops (zoosemiotics) – discussing the types of communication channels, learning to analyze signals in the world of dogs, assess the situation, properly strengthen behaviour, build self-confidence, build dog’s social competences (separate certificate!);
- Pre-medical first aid course (separate certificate!)
- Tmedical rening (separate certificate)
- Basics of mantrailing
- Dog training for research
Place of the course: Flip Flops, ul. Nadmorska 27, 76-107 Jezierzany
The course takes place in a picturesque seaside town, located near the lake at the same time. After completing the course, Ethoplanet internal diplomas and Polish Ministry od Education-style certificates are issued
Qualification consultation (free!)
Consultation to assess the possibilities of the dog, possible compensatory classes or even full therapy. Dogs must be emotionally prepared to participate in the instructor’s course, therefore the Ethoplanet team conducts prior consultations and assistance in preparing the dog for the course. In this way, we mainly prevent the owner from frustrating that something is not working out. The main thing is a good start! In order to arrange a consultation on the assessment of the possibility of a dog, please contact us by e-mail:
The consultation takes place after prior appointment at an agreed location.
Consultation is not obligatory, however, we encourage you to do so in order to prepare your dog well for classes and avoid disappointment.
- Getting to know the participants of the course, discussing the human-dog relationship, assessing the possibilities of a given couple.
- Dog behaviour – domestication, zoosemiotics: learning communication in the world of dogs, discussing the theory of domination, assessing the dog’s needs.
- Overview of breeds and utility.
- Behaviour analysis methodsa.
- The concept of learning, memory, intelligence.
- Processes accompanying learning.
- Types of motivation and ways to build it.
- Penalty and reinforcement systems. Learning to be empowered properly.
- Tests for assessing the dog’s temperament and behaviour.
- Behavioural disorders their effect on training.
- Effect of training on the therapy of dogs with behavioural disorders.
- Review of training methods in working with a dog.
- Environmental enrichment and its impact on psychomotor stimulation of a dog.
- Training types
- Dog’s sports.
- Smell work: nosework, mantrailling and tracking.
- Utility dog / utility breed – working dog – differences /
- Review of breeds and performance in the context of dog behaviour
- Predisposition to work / tests, exams, organization of competitions /
- Kennel Sports: Obedience, IGP-FCI / BH, IGP-ZTP, IGP-V, FPR, UPR /, Agility, Frisbee, Mondioring and others.Stage 3
Practical work with a dog
We start the session from the moment the dog concentrates on its handler.
We mark the end of learning a given exercise with a verbal signal and a social reward. Signal
verbal and social reward are designed to loosen the dog by letting him know that we are done a certain stage of the training, we are satisfied with it and we will continue to work. It should be remembered that we finish learning after the dog performs the exercise correctly, i.e. we always finish successfully, which is an extremely important motivational element. At the end of the training session, we give another verbal signal, which means that we have finished work and that the dog can rest.
Ways of obtaining behavior
- Environmental Manipulation
- Targeting (aiming at the target – target; using the target, we shape the given behaviour (touch, focus, mat).)
- DAID (Do As I Do) (according to: Claudia Fugazza)
- Shaping Principles (by Karen Pryor)
Verification of the dog’s motivation
- Learning to introduce a clicker, work with and without a clicker. The principle of the clicker. Learning to replace a clicker with other elements.
- Basic ways to prolong behaviour, incl. “Keep going signal”
- Clicker play
Environment control during training
- analysis of reinforcements on the example of the hierarchy of needs
Sposoby budowania motywacji
wykorzystanie elementów łańcucha łowieckiego, zróżnicowanych systemów nagradzania, przerywanie zadania w momencie sukcesu i wiele innych
- Concentration of attention on the guide
Learning to focus as the basis for all other commands. Why? With a distracted dog, we cannot work through any training.
Stage I – the dog in front of the handler
Stage II – the dog at the handler’s leg
- Hand targeting
Target is used to guide the dog and teach him (from the beginning of training) that it is possible to work even when the handler’s hand has no visible treats.
Etap I – pies dotyka nosem naszej dłoni
Etap II – pies podąża za dłonią
- Following – Forward and Backward
Following and maintaining eye contact with the guide is an incredibly useful exercise. It is a base for learning to walk next to the leg and maintaining contact with the dog.
Stage I – the dog follows the handler who moves backwards
Stage II – the dog follows the handler who moves backwards and then a few steps
takes a turn and moves forward with the dog at his leg
- Position by the leg and between the legs
As an introduction to walking with the leg or finishing a task, e.g. after the recall.
Obtaining Behavior: Guiding, Shaping, “on the bowl” method
- Learning to walk with the leg: the command “equal”
Walking with the foot in contact
Stage I – straight walking
Stage II – walking with a change of directions
- Position changes: sit, down, stand
and mastering position changes. Just because the dog is able to sit down from a standing position does not mean that it will do the same from a lying position.
Etap I – na wprost przewodnika
Etap II – przy nodze przewodnika
- Loose leash:
Learning to walk on a loose leash is an absolute basis for functioning with your dog in society. We teach you how to react properly when your dog is pulling on a leash and how to teach him that walking on a loose leash is much more beneficial for both parties.
Etap I – walking in a straight line
Etap II –walking with stopping – “stop” cue
Etap III – walking with a change of directions
Etap IV – passing with other dogs
Learning to stay the dog in one place and in a specific position, while controlling emotions (working in distractions).
It is the freedom and comfort behaviour that makes the dog’s life safe.
There is no skill more valuable than that which draws a four-legged companion away from all dangerous situations. Often even saving his life.
Training with a strong emphasis on recalling and recalling the dog, especially in situations of strong distractions. Input of a signal, e.g. a whistle.
- Proper play with the dog
- Subject – reward/motivation (first, the right balance between motivations)
- Learning commands: “your”, “mine”, “let go” – playing with a jerk
- Giving an item
Learning by capturing.
- Not taking food – learning the commands “LEAVE IT / Feee” and “TAKE”
One of the most important skills a dog should learn. Making his life safer.
Not taking food:
Etap I – the dog does not take the treats from the handler (from the hand, from the ground)
Etap II – the dog does not take treats from third parties (from the hand, from the ground)
Etap III – the dog does not pick up flavors from the environment (familiar surroundings, on a walk)
- Trening medyczny
- cleaning the ears
- rinsing eyes
- cleaning the teeth, checking the condition of the teeth
- claw clipping
- Measuring temperature
- Learning to put on and wear a muzzle
- Learning to put the cage/playpen / commands “to the place”
Learned exercises will be refined using four work criteria: speed, time, distance, dispersion. They will only be introduced gradually after the dog has mastered the exercise.
- Counterconditioning with desensitization
- Dog training for research
NEW – only with us!
Dog training for research.
We will present diagrams of dog training procedures for scientific research, including dog training to indicate scent samples, dog immobilization training for neuroimaging, dog training to indicate objects. Training is only carried out using positive methods!
April 17-25, 2021 (Sat-Sun)
Exam: May 30, 2021
Place of the course: Flip Flops, 27 Nadmorska Street, 76-107 Jezierzany
- Dogs that have trouble staying in place should be prepared and taught to stay in a pen/cage.
- We provide cages on site for people who have trouble transporting their own.
- You can participate in the course without your dog. We then lend our dogs from temporary homes, a shelter cooperating with Ethoplanet, or another, previously agreed on source. Homework then takes place with a familiar dog, or we agree on the rules of work with a given ward. If you want to use this option, please notify us as soon as possible. All details of further work are discussed in detail individually.
- The exam is the same for everyone. However, bearing in mind the different emotional level of dogs, for problem animals or with certain behavioural disorders, we give more time to prepare.
- In the case of dogs with problems and possibly appearing in the course of training, the learning and work mode will change and will be adjusted individually.
- Students take responsibility for their dogs, both when working with dogs and when the dogs are left alone in the hotel room. The organizers are not responsible for any damage caused by the students’ dogs.
- Aggressive dogs that may cause harm to other participants of the course will not be allowed to participate in the classes. Participants with aggressive dogs are asked for an initial consultation qualifying their dog for classes, and will also be required to sign an appropriate declaration to guarantee safety during the classes, including training equipment adapted to work with aggressive dogs.
Place of the course: Flip Flops, Jezierzany
The course takes place in a picturesque seaside town, located near the lake at the same time.
Included in the course price:
- Instructor course
- HCCR communication workshops (zoosemiotics) – a separate certificate!
- Pre-medical first aid course – a separate certificate!
- Medical training – a separate certificate!
- Basics of mantrailing
- Research Dog Training (ONLY IN ETHOPLANET!)
- Meals: breakfasts and dinners in the form of bonfires
- accommodation in a double room
It is possible to rent a house for exclusivity – the cost of the house for exclusivity is PLN 6200
It is possible to come with the whole family. The cost of participation of accompanying persons who do not participate in the course is PLN 1200 / person for the entire stay (PLN 900 for 9 days, PLN 300 for 3 days), children up to 10 years old 50% discount, children up to 2 years old free.